Dr. Subroto Kumar Das is an Assistant Professor of Botany, University of Barishal, Bangladesh. He has been involved in teaching and research on Genetics, Plant Breeding and Plant Biotechnology in Barishal University. Apart from this he has 9 years teaching experience in different govt. colleges, Bangladesh and one year research experience on Plant tissue culture and Biotechnology in International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi, India. Moreover, have expertise on basic molecular techniques like cloning and gene expression in heterologous expression system, construction of gene vector, PCR, Sequencing, Southern, Northern, Western, isozyme and RAPD etc.Currently he is involved in research related to the adaptation of lentil and chili varieties in salt stress and water logging condition. Some of his research publications are listed below- Publications: 1. R. H. Sarker, Subroto K. Das and M. I. Hoque (2012). In vitro flowering and seed formation in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). In vitro cellular & Development Biology -plant 48(5): 446 - 452.
2. Subroto K. Das, Kishwar Jahan shethi, M. I. Hoque and R. H. Sarker (2012). Agrobacterium -mediated genetic transformation in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) followed by in vitro flowering and seed formation. Plant Tissue culture & Biotechnology 22(1): 13-26.
3. Subroto K. Das, M. I. Hoque and R. H. Sarker (2017). In vitro regeneration of lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) through callus culture. Barisal University Journal Part 1, 4(1): 25-34.
4. Subroto K. Das, M. I. Hoque and R. H. Sarker (2018). Study of different factors affecting Agrobacterium -mediated genetic transformation in lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). GSC Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 05(1): 34 - 42.
5. Subroto K. Das and ATM Rafiqul Islam (2018). Effects of salinity on germination and seedling growth of lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). varities in Bangladesh. Barisal University Journal Part 1, 5(1&2): 141-151.
6. Riyad Hossen, Tania Sultana, Nuram Mubina and Shawon Mitra and Subroto K. Das (2018). Morphlogical and Cytogenetical responses to salt stress of Gynura Nepalesis DC. from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Barisal University Journal Part 1, 5(1&2): 225-233.
8. Subroto K. Das, M. I. Hoque and R. H. Sarker (2019). Agrobacterium -mediated genetic transformation of lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) with chitinase gene followed by in vitro flower and pod formation. Plant Tissue culture & Biotechnology 29(1): 99-109.
9. ATM Rafiqul Islam, SK Das, MF Alam and AHMM Rahman (2019). Documentation of wild edible fruits used by the local people of Barisal, Bangladesh with emphasis on traditional medicinal values. Journal of Bio-Science 27: 69-81.
10. Irani Khatun, Subroto Kumar Das and Riyadh Hossen (2019). Assessment of germination and feasibility of hydroponic growth of onion by four common water sources from Barishal region, Bamgladesh. Fmg. & Mngmt. 4(2): 82-86.