|Md. Sajedul Islam|
|Biochemistry and Biotechnology|
My PhD research involves developing a multiplex nanotech device that can simultaneously detect multiple tumors of the gastrointestinal origin.
1. Hossain, Md. Shahadat; Tonmoy, Mahafujul Islam; Fariha, Atqiya; Islam, Md. Sajedul; Roy, Arpita Singha; Islam, Md. Nur; Kar, Kumkum; Alam, Mohammad Rahanur; Rahaman, Md. Mizanur. Effects of Mutations and Differential Expression of Host Genes ACE2, TMPRSS2 and FURIN and their Inhibitors in SARS-CoV-2 Pathogenesis: an in silico Approach. Bioinformatics and Biology Insights. 15 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1177/11779322211054684. Impact Factor: 1.542.
2. Shamima Akter, Arpita Singha Roy, Mahafujul Islam Quadery Tonmoy & Md Sajedul Islam (2021) Deleterious single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of human IFNAR2 gene facilitate COVID-19 severity in patients: a comprehensive in silico approach, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1080/07391102.2021.1957714. Impact Factor: 3.549.
3. Md. Shahadat Hossain, Mahafujul Islam Quadery Tonmoy, Md. Nur Islam, Md. Sajedul Islam, Ibrahim Khalil Afif, Arpita Singha Roy, Atqiya Fariha, Hasan Al Reza, Newas Mohammed Bahadur, Md. Mizanur Rahaman. MicroRNAs expression analysis shows key affirmation of Synaptopodin-2 as a novel prognostic and therapeutic biomarker for Colorectal and Cervical cancers. Heliyon. (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e0734. Impact Factor: 2.1.
4. Shahana Sharmin, Fatima Tuj Zohura, Md. Sajedul Islam, Anika Shimonty, Md. Abdullah-Al-Kamran Khan, Rehana Perveen, Foujia Sharmin, Chowdhury Rafiqul Ahsan, Abul BMMK Islam, Mahmuda Yasmin. Mutational profiles of marker genes of cervical carcinoma in Bangladeshi patients. BMC Cancer 21:289 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12885-021-07906-5. Impact Factor: 3.15.
5. Md. Sajedul Islam*, Md. Abdullah-Al-Kamran Khan. Computational Analysis Revealed miRNAs Produced by Chikungunya Virus Target Genes Associated with Antiviral Immune Responses and Cell Cycle Regulation. Computational Biology and Chemistry. (2021) 92:10746. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compbiolchem.2021.107462. Impact Factor: 1.85.
6. Islam, M. S., A. B. M. M. K. Islam. "Viral miRNAs confer survival in host cells by targeting apoptosis related host genes." Informatics in Medicine Unlocked 22 (2021): 100501. https://doi.org/10.1101/j.imu.2020.100501. Impact Factor: 2.11.
7. Hossain, M.S., Roy, A.S. & Islam, M.S.* In silico analysis predicting effects of deleterious SNPs of human RASSF5 gene on its structure and functions. Sci Rep 10, 14542 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-71457-1. Impact Factor: 4.12.
8. Murad MW, Khan MA"A"K, Islam MS, Islam ABMMK. A switch in bidirectional histone mark leads to differential modulation of lincRNAs involved in neuronal and hematopoietic cell differentiation from their progenitors. J Cell Biochem. 2020; 121 (5-6):3451-3462. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.29619. Impact Factor: 3.448.
9. Islam MS, Khan MA"A"K, Murad MW, Karim M, Islam ABMMK. In silico analysis revealed Zika virus miRNAs associated with viral pathogenesis through alteration of host genes involved in immune response and neurological functions. J Med Virol. 2019; 91 (9):1584"1594. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.25505. Impact Factor: 2.327.
10. Ishtiaq Ahammad, Nurnabi Azad Jewel, Md. Sajedul Islam, Sohidul Islam, Mahmud Hossain. (2019). Identification of Drug Repurposing Candidates against Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease: A System Biology Approach. (Under review in Plos One).
1. Assistant Proctor, University of Barishal: 12th September, 2021-Present
2. Chairman, Department of Biochemistry & Biotechnology: From 7th January, 2021-Present
3. Student Advisor: From 24th January, 2018-23rd January, 2020
4. Professor Under Officer (PUO), Army Wing, Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC): From 13th September, 2018-Present