|Gazi Jahirul Islam|
|Master's of Philosophy (MPhil)|
Environmental and Green Chemistry, Pollution Chemistry, Electroanalytical Chemistry, Geochemistry, Biomaterials, Biodegradable polymer synthesis and applications, Microbiological (antibacterial) activities of Biodegradable polymers, Nanomaterials, Phytotherapy, Agro-technology for medicinal plants and human health.
Research Papers in International Journals:
1. Abdullah Zehad, Gazi Jahirul Islam, Mamunur Rashid, Nusrat Jahan Juthy, Shaheda Zannah, 2017, “Antidiabetic and Antihyperlipidemic Activities of Methanolic Leaf Extract of Stephania japonica in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats”, Pharmacology & Pharmacy, Vol. 8 (04), pp. 109-127. DOI: 10.4236/pp.2017.84008
2. Zubair Hasan, Dong-Won Cho, Gazi Jahirul Islam and Hocheol Song, 2016, “Catalytic decoloration of commercial azo dyes by copper-carbon composites derived from metal organic frameworks”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 689, pp. 625-631. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2016.08.027
3. Gazi Jahirul Islam, 2016, “Preparation and characterization of chitosan based metal nanoparticles and study of their antibacterial property” Khulna University of Engineering & Technology. (MPhil thesis) https://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&cluster=16491770462930734237
4. G. J. Islam, Elius Hossain, Mahmudul Hasan, M. Q. Ehsan, 2015, “Study on the interaction of Zn(II) ion with Metronidazole drug in the aqueous medium using electrochemical techniques”, J. Asiat. Soc. of Bangladesh, Vol. 4 (2), 193-201. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/jasbs.v41i2.46204
5. Gazi Jahirul Islam, S. Zannah and M. Q. Ehsan, 2014, “Study on the redox behavior of biological important metal ion (Cu2+) and its interaction with metronidazole drug in aqueous solution”, Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 5(1), pp. 61-67. DOI: https://www2.kuet.ac.bd/JES/images/files/v5/v5j8.pdf
6. Shaheda Zannah, Md. Asaduzzaman, Abdul Alim Al Bari, Yusuf Ali, Gazi Jahirul Islam, A. H. M. Khurshid Alam, Hazrat Ali, Mamunur Rashid, 2014, “Antidiabetic Drugs in Combination with Hydroxychloroquine Improve Glycemic Control in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats”, Pharmacology & Pharmacy, Vol. 5, pp. 725-735. DOI: 10.4236/pp.2014.57082
7. M. Abdulla-Al-Mamun, Y. Kusumoto, G. J. Islam, 2013, “A Comparative Performance Study of Plasmon-induced Charge Separation of Au@TiO2, Au@Fe2O3 and Au@ZnO Photocell Thin-films”, Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 5(2), pp. 245-254. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/jsr.v5i2.13391
8. Md. Saddam Nawz, Gazi Jahirul Islam, A.K.M. Nur Alam Siddiki, M.A. Yousuf, Md. Abdus Salam, 2013, “Synthesis and characterization of Chlorocobaloximes containing Phosphorous donor ligands as possible non-organometallic models of vitamin B12”, Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 04 (1), pp. 47-51. https://www2.kuet.ac.bd/JES/images/files/PDF_Final_V4_N_1/5_JES_June_2013.pdf
9. Md. Mizanur Rahman Badal, Md. Easin Ali, Meghna Akter, Gazi Jahirul Islam, Parbhej Ahamed, 2013, “Mahogani (Switenia Mahogoni) leaf powder: Study of Adsorption properties for removal of reactive blue P3R dye from aqueous solutions”, Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 04 (1), pp. 111-118. https://www2.kuet.ac.bd/JES/images/files/PDF_Final_V4_N_1/11_JES_June_2013.pdf
10. Harabillash Golder, Gazi Jahirul Islam, Md. Abu Yousuf, 2012, “Preparation of rice husk based porous carbon for adsorption studies”, Bangladesh Chemical Society, PP115, 160.
11. Gazi Jahirul Islam, H.M. Naseem Akter, A. Mamun, M. Q. Ehsan, 2009, “Investigations on the redox behaviour of manganese in manganese (II)-saccharin and manganese (II)-saccharin-1,10-phenanthroline complexes”, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, Vol. 13, pp. 177-183. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2009.05.002
1. 237th ECS (Electrochemical Society) Meeting with the 18th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors (IMCS 2020) Place : Montreal, Canada https://ecs.confex.com/ecs/237/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/132026
2. MLS HDR Science Symposium - 6th December 2019 Place : Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
3. 21st Australia and New Zealand Electrochemistry Symposium (21AES) 2019 Place : Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
4. 35th Annual Conference of Bangladesh Chemical Society 2012 (BCC 2012) Place : Dhaka, Bangladesh
I have written a section of a Chemistry book chapter (in Bengali language) entitled “Mechanism of controlling air pollution” in 2013. That book was endorsed as text book for higher secondary level by the Bangladesh Text Book Board.
Non Academic Activities: