|Md. Hasnat Jaman|
|Geology and Mining|
Geophysics, Geodesy, Structural Geology, Remote Sensing & GIS, Coastal Geology
1. Mission Leader of ‘Long Term Monitoring, Research and Analysis of Bangladesh Coastal Zone Project (Sustainable Polders Adapted to Coastal Dynamics), (World Bank Contract No.: CEIP-1/C3/S4)’ from January 1, 2020 to present.
2. Associate Investigator of a Special Allocation Project for the Year 2019-2020 under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Bangladesh.
Previous Notable Experiences
1. Assistant manager (Geophysics), Geophysical Division at Bangladesh Petroleum Exploration and Production Company Ltd. (BAPEX) from June 20, 2017 to April 18, 2019.
2. Research Assistant at ‘BanglaPIRE- Life on a Tectonically-active delta: Convergence of Earth Science and Geohazard Research in Bangladesh with Education and Capacity Building’, from September 1, 2013 to June 19, 2017.
3. Investigator at ‘Toxic Sites Identification Program (TSIP)’ a USAID funded project, from June 1, 2016 to June 19, 2017.
4. Participated at NCED’s Summer Institute on Earth Surface Dynamics, August 12-21, 2014 at University of Minnesota, USA.
5. Participant at ‘BanglaPIRE Field School in Bangladesh: Interaction of Sedimentation and Tectonics in the Ganges-Brahmaputra River Delta’, from February 27 to March 7, 2014.
6. Participant at ‘SDEV-3550 Bangladesh- Life on a Tectonically Active Delta: A Diversity Tour to Sundarban’ from March 13 to 24, 2015.
7. Research Assistant at ‘Joint Research Program on Earthquake and Natural Hazards between Geology Department, Dhaka University and Columbia University, USA’, from September 1, 2013 to June 19, 2017.