|Momenul Haque Mondol|
|MS in Applied Statistics|
Risk prediction models; Modeling longitudinal data; Small sample modeling; Public health research; Environmental research
1) Achieving equitable uptake of handwashing and sanitation by addressing both supply and demand-based constraints: Findings from a randomized controlled trial in rural Bangladesh Sarker Masud Parvez; Musarrat Jabeen Rahman,; Rashidul Azad; Mahbubur Rahman; Leanne Unicomb; Sania Ashraf; Momenul Haque Mondol; Farjana Jahan; Peter J. Winch; Stephen P. Luby; International Journal for Equity in Health; (Publisher: BioMed Central Ltd.)
2) Doza S, Naser AM, Rahman MM, Mondol MH, Khan GK, Uddin MN, Gazi MS, Alam GR, Karim MR, Ahmed KM, Luby SP. Microbiological water quality of Managed Aquifer Recharge systems in the salinity-prone southwest coastal Bangladesh. bioRxiv. 2020 Jan 1.
3) Amin N, Rahman M, Raj S, Ali S, Green J, Das S, Doza S, Mondol MH, Wang Y, Islam MA, Alam MU. Quantitative assessment of fecal contamination in multiple environmental sample types in urban communities in Dhaka, Bangladesh using SaniPath microbial approach. PloS one. 2019;14(12). (Publisher: Public Library of Science)
4) Mondol MH, Rahman MS. Bias,reduced and separation,proof GEE with small or sparse longitudinal binary data. Statistics in medicine. 2019 Jun 30;38(14):2544-60. (Publisher: WILEY)
5) Mondol MH, Rahman MS. A COMPARISON OF INTERNAL VALIDATION METHODS FOR VALIDATING PREDICTIVE MODELS FOR BINARY DATA WITH RARE EVENTS. Journal of Statistical Research. 2017;51(2):131-44. (Publisher: Institute of Statistical Research and Training)
1) “A solution to separation in Poisson regression for small or sparse count data”, 62th ISI World Statistics Congress, 18-23 August, 2019; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2) “Validating a Risk Prediction Model”,The 2nd International Conference on Theory and Applications of Statistics 2015, Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka.
Bias reduced and separation-proof Generalized Estimating Equation for correlated binary data; M.S Thesis, Supervisor: Dr. M. Shafiqur Rahman, Professor of Applied Statistics, Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka.
Awards and Scholarships:
1) Travel Grant (2019). Funded by the Word Bank and ISI for attending 62th ISI World Statistics Congress, 18-23 August, 2019; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2) “Dean’s award 2015“, Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka for outstanding performance in B.S. (Honors) in Applied Statistics
3) “National Science and Technology Fellowship”, Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh Government, awarded for research work in M.S. Thesis.
4) “ISRT Merit Scholarship” for B.S.(Honors) results in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.
Teaching/ Research experience:
Dec 04, 2020 - Present : Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Barishal
Oct 10, 2018 - Dec 03, 2020 : Lecturer, Department of Statistics, University of Barishal
Jul 13, 2017 - Oct 09, 2018 : Senior Research Assistant and Research Fellow at icddr,b
Administrative/ Co-educational Experiences:
Jan 01, 2019 – Present : Student advisor, Department of Statistics, University of Barishal