My research interests lie in the field of Hydrogeology. Understanding the variations in hydrogeological properties under different geomorphic features in the Bengal Basin covers the centre part of my recent research activities. Besides, I also work on the application of remote sensing and GIS in hydrogeological and geomorphological research.
1. Naser AM, Doza S, Rahman M, et al (2019) Sand barriers around latrine pits reduce fecal bacterial leaching into shallow groundwater: a randomized controlled trial in coastal Bangladesh. Environ Sci Technol 53:2105—2113. doi: 10.1021/acs.est.8b04950
2. Farazi AH, Mia AJ, Mahmud I (2018) A case study based slope stability analysis at Chittagong City, Bangladesh. J Geosci Eng Environ Technol 03:164—173. doi: 10.24273/jgeet.2018.3.3.1690
3. Mahmud I, Sultana S, Hasan MA, Ahmed KM (2017b) Variations in hydrostratigraphy and groundwater quality between major geomorphic units of the Western Ganges Delta plain, SW Bangladesh. Appl Water Sci 7:2919—2932. doi: 10.1007/s13201-017-0581-x
4. Mahmud I, Mia AJ, Uddin R, et al (2017a) Assessment on seasonal variations in waterlogging using remote sensing and GIS techniques in Satkhira district in Bangladesh. Barisal Univ J Part 1 4:67—80.
5. Mia AJ, Farazi AH, Mahmud I (2017) Factors affecting slope stability for triggering rainfall induced landslide at Chittagong Cityâ€¯: a case study on 2007 and 2008 ... J Mech Civ Eng 14:43—48. doi: 10.9790/1684-1404044348
6. Ferdous F, Rafiq MR, Mahmud MI (2016) Aquifer Geometry and Water Quality in Relation to Occurrence and Distribution of Peat in Baghia-Chanda Beel , Bangladesh. J Sci Res 8:355—370. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/jsr.v8i3.25360
7. Mahmud I, Hassan A, Mia AJ, et al (2015) Hydrogeological assessment along an east-west transect on the Jamuna floodplain in Jamalpur and Bogra districts, Bangladesh. J Environ Sci Toxicol Food Technol 9:1—8. doi: 10.9790/2402-09920108